Monday, July 4, 2011

What a luxury...

This past long weekend I actually got to spend nearly 3 full days at my studio! No TV, no internet...just intense sunshine, a lovely summer breeze, a couple of BBQ'd meals, a bit of photography and a walk in the park.
This was like balm to my soul. (Although the past two weekends before were super fun; they were just a little too crazy.)

The inside of my studio is still a little topsy-turvy from Faery Fest but check out the view outside my studio door.




It's a jungle out there!




And, here's the King of the Jungle! Having a little mid-day snack.




I have to share pics of my 'shade pot.' :) I'm not much of a gardener but I'm proud of my shade pot. It's what I consider - for me - advanced gardening. I specially choose shade plants for that corner, where the sun doesn't shine so much.

Specifically, giant coleus, balloon flower, two types of day lilies and another couple of varieties that haven't bloomed just yet. I was just in time this weekend to catch the opening of the first balloon flowers.

This is what they looked like on Saturday.

And on Sunday...Lovely!

Oh, and the dragons got out to have a little fun too!


By the way, Happy Belated Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians and Happy Independence Day to my friends in the US!

No comments:

Post a Comment