Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Post-Halloween/Pre-Christmas Blahs

I really find the transition between Halloween and Christmas troublesome. Never quite ready to let go of
Halloween and not quite ready to embrace the Christmas season. I can't believe that there is only one week left in November! I'm still behind in posting pics from Halloween! So in effort to wish Halloween 'so long until next year' and to clear my mind for the next holiday season, here's a brief pictorial summary of my 2011 halloween activities:

I visited Elora, Ontario and saw the work of local artist,Tim Murton. Tim makes these amazing, huge illuminated sculptures from wire, paper & cloth. If you want to see more of his work, click here to view my album.


I attended a Witches Cotillion in support of Enchanted Ground, the Guelph Faery Fest.



I decorated my studio, and hosted a Scary Movie night there, for my cousins - which is always fun! You can see my studio here all decked out for Halloween!


And last, but definitely not least, I went to the Day of the Dead festival in Toronto for some authentic Mexican cuisine and some examples of how this day is celebrated! If you want to see more pics from the festival click here.

I think I envy my American friends who celebrate Thanksgiving between Halloween and Christmas. That would make a good transition holiday, unlike the Canadian Thanksgiving which was celebrated back in October.
Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in the U.S.!

No comments:

Post a Comment