Monday, September 23, 2013

Sneak Peaks, Previews and Post-Summer photos

I can't believe how fast fall is sneaking up on me. I love the autumn season, but for once, I'm not ready to let go of summer just yet!! Speaking of fall, that means that Hallowe'en will follow shortly on it's heels, so...Here'a a reminder of the up and coming annual Online Hallowe'en Artists' Studio Tour! This year much of the proceeds will go towards an animal charity of the artist's choice. And while normally the tour doesn't start until October 01, it will be live in time for Culture Days on Sept. 27, 28 & 29; so come get your Hallowe'en goodies early!


Since both bees and my Pixie Dragons share a natural affinity for flowers - and because bees have a pretty important role to fill - I'm donating 25% of my sales from the tour to Help The Honey Bees. If you want to come see some endearing/scary/funny/creepy Hallowe'en art, and help support an animal - or insect - cause, come check us out!


While this pic is not of a honey bee, it was very nice of this busy, little bumblebee to stay still long enough for me to capture this shot. I love this time of the year, both the local gardens and wildflowers are a mixture of reds, yellows, golds, purples, russets and bright orange. And the air is clear (as it can be in Southern Ontario) and has a nip, at times, but the sun is still gratefully warming to the face and hands which aren't ready for things like mitts and hats - not yet!!


Anyone for a late summer hot-air balloon ride? Maybe someday I'll try this, but, for now, I'm content to just be an onlooker :)


I mentioned previews, right? Well, below you can see a sneakpeak at the wing design I'm working on for my next dragon - that will also be featured in my next 'How to Make a Paper Mache Dragon' tutorial. While I'm taking a little hiatus from dragon-making to get ready for Hallowe'en, I will follow-up with more tutorials, so don't forget to check back or consider signing up to follow my blog (that way you won't miss a post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment